The coast of New South Wales is gorgeous and Port Stephens in the North Coast region is well worth a visit.
To learn more —
- Things to See & Do
- Tide Chart
- Sea Conditions
- Weather Information
Port Stephens is located at Lattitude 32 ° 42' South and Longitude 152 ° 6' East.
Things to See & Do
- Sit under the beach umbrella with a good book on Corlette Beach.
- Start the day with a walk along Corlette Headland Walk.
- Visit Tomaree National Park and enjoy some of the most spectacular coastal scenery in Australia.
- Visit the Koala Sanctuary at Lemon Tree Passage.
- Walk along The waterfront path into Nelson Bay for lunch.
- Take one of the many organised cruises and tours around Port Stephens and the nearby Hunter Valley wine country.
- Climb Stephens Peak and watch the sunrise over Zenith Beach and Tomaree National Park.
- Go for a snorkel with the dolphins, Fairy penguins and millions of fish at the Fly Point - Halifax Park Aquatic Reserve.
- Visit the WWII gun emplacements on Tomaree Head and learn about the thousands of Australian and U.S. troops who trained at Port Stephens during WWII.
- Watch the whales migrating during the months of May to October from the Lookout on Tomaree Head.
- Drive (or walk) up the 160 metre Gan Gan Lookout. This is the highest peak on the Tomaree Peninsula and the 360 degree view is stunning.
- Spend a quiet afternoon at Tomaree Public Library.
- Treat yourself to dinner at the award winning Galley Kitchen restaurant located at The Anchorage and a 3 minute walk from The Anchor Light.
- Spend the afternoon at the Community Arts & Crafts Gallery in Nelson Bay.
- Visit the Fighter World aircraft museum at Williamtown. Watch the F18s take off and land at the RAAF base after the museum tour.
- Spend the day shopping and exploring the historic Port of Newcastle, the sixth largest city in Australia and a 50 minute drive from Corlette.
- Visit Oakvale Farm.
- Visit Port Stephens Winery.
- Visit the Port Stephens Shell Museum located on Sandy Point Road and a 5 minute walk from The Anchor Light.
- Catch the Ferry to Tea Gardens and play a round of golf on the Public Golf Course at Hawks Nest.
- Hire a bicycle and ride from Corlette Beach along the waterfront path to Tomaree National Park and then on to Fingal Bay and the Outer Lighthouse.
- Go for a surf at one of our many superb beaches.
- Hire a charter boat from the Anchorage Marina and spend the day fishing, diving and swimming.
- Play a round of golf at Horizons Championship Golf Course.
- Go for a swim in the heated 50 metre pool at Tomaree Aquatic Centre.
- Play a round of golf at the Public Golf Course at Nelson Bay.
Sailing daily from Nelson Bay, Imagine Cruises provide unforgettable ecotourism experiences aboard their 15.8 metre catamaran "Imagine" including —
- Marine Discovery Cruise;
- Dolphin Watch and Sail;
- Dolphin Swim;
- Whale Watch and Sail;
- Broughton Island Eco Walk;
- Seafood Dinner Cruise; and
- Private Charters.
Imagine Cruises have been exploring the waters of Port Stephens for more than 10 years and are deeply committed to the preservation of dolphins and whales and the Australian marine environment.
To contact Imagine Cruises —
Click on the following link to see Tide Predictions for Port Stephens.
Click on the following links to see current NSW sea conditions.
Click on the following links for weather reports and other climate information for Port Stephens and the Hunter region.
The Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) classify Port Stephens as part of the "Hunter District Boundary".
Williamtown (Station 61078) is 28 kilometres from Corlette and is the nearest major BOM Station.
Newcastle (Station 61055) is 42 kilometres from Corlette and is the nearest large city to Port Stephens.
Nelson Bay (Station 061054) is 3 kilometres from Corlette.
- Forecast — Seven (7) Day Weather Forecast for Newcastle
- Radar — Rainfall Location and Intensity at Newcastle Port Stephens Airport
- Observations — Latest Weather Observations at Newcastle Port Stephens Airport
- Chart — Climate Chart for Corlette
- Chart — Best Climate on the East Coast
explore • discover • travel